This Biochemistry Question Bank Describe contains all the important questions from the syllabus of biochemistry in the format of 10, 5, and 2 marks.
10 marks long essay
- Describe the reactions involved in the de novo biosynthesis of fatty acids.
- Explain the Biosynthesis of proteins in the body.
- Define gluconeogenesis and explain the reactions involved and its Significance.
- Mention the types of RNA. Explain their role in protein synthesis.
- Explain the TCA cycle and give its significance with energies.
- Explain the degradation of heme and add a note on different types of jaundice.
- Explain the biosynthesis of pyrimidine nucleotides in the body.
- Describe the ß-Oxidation of palmitic acid along with the energetics.
- Explain glycolysis and its energetics.
- Describe the de novo biosynthesis of purine nucleotides.
- Define and explain the reaction sequences of glycolysis and its energetics.
- Explain the semiconservative replication of DNA in detail.
- Explain the process of ß-Oxidation of fatty acids with energetics. Considering palmitic acid as an example.
- Explain the various reactions involved in the Citric acid cycle.
- What are the requisites for protein synthesis? Explain the steps involved In Protein synthesis.
- Explain the de novo biosynthesis of fatty acids along with the enzyme system involved.
- Explain the general reactions involved in the metabolism of amino acids.
- Explain the various reactions involved in the Krebs cycle with energetics.